Daughters Day 2022
Nominate a Daughter of the Year
A New Horizon
Daughters Day celebrates the lives, contributions, and achievements of all daughters, with seeks to equip people to work for a world and community where every daughter has full opportunity to achieve all she can, without discrimination or abuse.
Now it’s time to nominate women for the 2022 awards.
Think of Albertans who identify as women, at any place in their lives, who impress you with how they are making life better in our communities, how they exemplify qualities or actions that inspire others, or demonstrate exceptional achievement, perhaps in the face of significant challenges. Complete and submit a nomination by July 31.
The announcement of 2022 Daughters of the Year will take place September 24, at an Edmonton City Hall event.
Nominations may consider activities and achievements in such areas as:
- Arts, Culture & Entertainment
- Community Service & Volunteerism
- Health & Medicine
- Human Rights
- Public Service & Politics
- Science & Technology
- Sports & Recreation
- Nominations must be received by July 31, 2022. Nominators will receive confirmation of nomination receipt by email, unless other means is requested (Please contact us if the confirmation of nomination receipt is requested via a different channel than email).
- Nominees must be residents of Alberta at the time of nomination, or information be provided for students or workers temporarily outside the province about residency and confirming when she will return to Alberta
- At least ONE letter of support from a person other than the nominator must be provided. A maximum of THREE letters are acceptable.
- Up to five pages of additional information (certificates, photos, media coverage, etc.) may be included with a nomination to support the information in the form. Do NOT send original materials–clear copies only. Please email these to us at [email protected]
- Decisions will be based entirely on the package of information submitted and no additional input will be accepted after the nomination deadline.
- Nominees selected to be award recipients will be asked to provide a photo as a .jpg file.
- There is no age restriction on nominees, but post-humous nominations are not accepted.
- Nominations may be submitted electronically via this form or by mail to: Daughters of the Year at PO Box 52138 Garneau, Edmonton T6G 2T5
- Decisions are made by a jury that operates independently of Daughters Day.
If you wish to fill the nomination form out and email it to us, instead of completing the on-line form provided below, please click the following button to download the form.